PhD: In 2011 from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
M.Sc. In Economics in 2003 from Calcutta University.
B.Sc: Hons. in Economics in 2001 from Calcutta University.
P.U.C: In 1997 from Scottish Church College under West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
S.S.L.C: In 1995 from R.K.S.M. Sister Nivedita Girls’ School under West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
Analysis of Panel data, Computable General Equilibrium Analysis, Genetically Modified Crops, Financial Inclusion and Growth.
- Amrita Chatterjee and Arpita Ghose (2017) "Consumer's Acceptance towards Genetically Modified Crops and Growth of the Economy: A Theoretical Approach" , Global Journal of Human Social Sciences (E), Volume 17 Issue 1 Version 1.0.
- Amrita Chatterjee & Arpita Ghose (2016) ,"A dynamic economic model of soil conservation and drought tolerance involving genetically modified crops"
Journal of Social and Ecpnomic development (Springer) 18(1), page-40-66: 40. doi:10.1007/s40847-016-0026-7
- Amrita Chatterjee, Sanjib Pohit and Arpita Ghose (2016). “Trade and Distributional Impacts of Genetically Modified Crops in India: A CGE Analysis”. Margin—The Journal of Applied Economic Research 10 : 3: 1–27 ( A SAGE Publication)
- Amrita Chatterjee and Arpita Ghose. “Genetically Modified Crops: Global and Indian Perspective”, Asian Biotechnology Development Review, Vol 12, No. 2, pp- 69-105, 2010.
“Trade and Distributional impact of Genetically Modified Crops in India: A CGE analysis” co-authored with Dr. Arpita Ghose and Dr. Sanjib Pohit is available as GTAP resource # 3250 and can be seen online at
Part of the study team in the report “Accelerating Infrastructure Building in India” published by NCAER, sponsored by Holcim.
JU Centre for Advanced Studies Working Paper:
‘Impact of Biotechnology in Agriculture and Consumer Acceptance of GM Crops: Assessment from a Neoclassical Growth Model’, co-authored with PhD Supervisor Arpita Dhar(Ghose), published as a Centre for Advanced Studies Working Paper from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
MSE working paper:
- "A dynamic economic model of soil conservation involving genetically modified crops", co-authored with Dr. Arpita Ghose, MSE working paper no. 96
- Consumer's Acceptance Towards Genetically Modified Crops and Growth of the Economy: A Theoretical Approach, co-authored with Dr. Arpita Ghose, MSE working paper no. 137.