2-Year PGDM Programmes
Madras School of Economics offers the following 2-years (6 terms) PGDM Programmes approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt of India.
About the Program
These two programs aim to train students for technically challenging jobs with
financial institutions, consulting services, and analytics companies. They provide an unique blend of complex mathematical knowledge with practical problems so that students meet the current demands of industry. Experts visiting from industry and reserach labs further enrich the program
• Develop a strong foundation for Interdisciplinary work
• Combine course works from areas of Finance, Economics, Management
Analytics and Data Sciences
• Exposure to the latest trends in Academics and Industry through Projects and
• Offer good Placements
MSE has an already proven record of excellent placements for its existing PG programs. Leading multinational companies visiting MSE campus regularly are: CITI, Deloitte, Ford, TCS, HSBC, Cognizant, JP Morgan etc. MSE has a
dedicated team to take care of internship and placements. See MSE website for more details.
• Full time Undergraduate degree in any discipline with a consistent academic record. at +2 level). Candidates awaiting their final year degree
results can also apply.
• Applicants must also submit scores of one (or more) of the following standardized tests: CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/etc.
• Shortlisted candidates will face a personal interview
Admissions to M.A. Program – 2021
Ph.D in Economics
MSE is recognized by both Madras University and Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur as an institution in which research work leading to Ph.D. can be conducted. Ph.D. students are selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination and a research proposal.
Students admitted to the Ph.D. programme are advised by their respective doctoral committees to take a course work in economic theory, quantitative techniques and in one of the following fields of specialization – International Economics, Capital Markets, Financial Services, Industrial Economics, Energy and Environmental Economics. They also have to write a dissertation. The Ph.D. Scholars will be given an opportunity to interact with foreign and Indian economists during MSE seminars, to visit other research institutions and to participate in the research activities of the school. They are given financial support. However continuation of financial support will be conditional on good academic performance.
For more details about the Ph.D. program, please visit