- Current Research
PhD: In 2011 from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
M.Sc. In Economics in 2003 from Calcutta University.
B.Sc: Hons. in Economics in 2001 from Calcutta University.
P.U.C: In 1997 from Scottish Church College under West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
S.S.L.C: In 1995 from R.K.S.M. Sister Nivedita Girls’ School under West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
Analysis of Panel data, Computable General Equilibrium Analysis, Genetically Modified Crops, Financial Inclusion and Growth.
- Amrita Chatterjee and Arpita Ghose (2017) "Consumer's Acceptance towards Genetically Modified Crops and Growth of the Economy: A Theoretical Approach" , Global Journal of Human Social Sciences (E), Volume 17 Issue 1 Version 1.0.
- Amrita Chatterjee & Arpita Ghose (2016) ,"A dynamic economic model of soil conservation and drought tolerance involving genetically modified crops" Journal of Social and Ecpnomic development (Springer) 18(1), page-40-66: 40. doi:10.1007/s40847-016-0026-7
- Amrita Chatterjee, Sanjib Pohit and Arpita Ghose (2016). “Trade and Distributional Impacts of Genetically Modified Crops in India: A CGE Analysis”. Margin—The Journal of Applied Economic Research 10 : 3: 1–27 ( A SAGE Publication)
- Amrita Chatterjee and Arpita Ghose. “Genetically Modified Crops: Global and Indian Perspective”, Asian Biotechnology Development Review, Vol 12, No. 2, pp- 69-105, 2010.
“Trade and Distributional impact of Genetically Modified Crops in India: A CGE analysis” co-authored with Dr. Arpita Ghose and Dr. Sanjib Pohit is available as GTAP resource # 3250 and can be seen online at https://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/resources/download/4939.pdf
Part of the study team in the report “Accelerating Infrastructure Building in India” published by NCAER, sponsored by Holcim.
JU Centre for Advanced Studies Working Paper:
‘Impact of Biotechnology in Agriculture and Consumer Acceptance of GM Crops: Assessment from a Neoclassical Growth Model’, co-authored with PhD Supervisor Arpita Dhar(Ghose), published as a Centre for Advanced Studies Working Paper from Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
MSE working paper:
- "A dynamic economic model of soil conservation involving genetically modified crops", co-authored with Dr. Arpita Ghose, MSE working paper no. 96
- Consumer's Acceptance Towards Genetically Modified Crops and Growth of the Economy: A Theoretical Approach, co-authored with Dr. Arpita Ghose, MSE working paper no. 137.
- Teaching Statistical Methods to 1st semester students of General Economics and Applied Quantitative Finance batches.
- Teaching Econometric Method to 2nd semester students of General Economics, Applied Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Economics batches.